Airstream Round Sink Cover, Wood Cutting Board, Get Extra Counter Space, Airstream Gifts, 16" Dia. Sink, Serving Tray
Choose Either Half Or Full Sink Coverage...
As Airstream owners, we know that every bit of galley counter space is precious, and here's a beautiful and convenient way you can expand your work space by over 125 square inches (half-sink-coverage board) or a huge 250 square inches (with the full-sink-coverage style).
Handcrafted from beautiful hardwoods, these sink covers and cutting boards are specifically designed to fit the 16″ diameter round galley sinks in many late model Airstreams, including the Flying Cloud, International Signature and International Serenity. (The board has been a great addition to our 2019 Flying Cloud.) Note: These boards do not fit Basecamp and Interstate sinks with self-closing covers.
Also see our Sink Cover & Cutting Board for the 18" square sinks on new Flying Clouds and Internationals and the Sink Cover & Cutting Board for the 13" x 15" rectangular sinks on Bambi's and Caravels.
Perfect for cutting fruits, vegetables, meats and cheese. The half-coverage models allow use of the faucet and sink while the cutting board is in place. (Naturally, the faucet is not usable with the full-coverage model.)
Polyurethane feet (attached with stainless steel screws) locate the board inside the sink bowl, and raise it off (and protect) your countertop or table when used on its own as a charcuterie board and serving tray. Also, raising the board off a wet surface will provide good air circulation and help prevent warping.
Choose from five styles to suit your preferences and Airstream interior:
• Mixed Hardwoods, Half-Sink-Coverage—your unique board will feature a striking lamination of domestic and exotic woods, selected from ash, birch, cherry, maple, curly maple, spalted maple, oak, roasted walnut and walnut.*
• Light Hardwoods, Half-Sink-Coverage—we'll create a one-of-a-kind board using strips of light domestic woods like ash, birch, cherry, maple, curly maple and oak.*
• Maple, Half-Sink-Coverage—100% solid maple, a beautiful domestic wood with very light color ranging from grayish-white to reddish brown. Your board may contain some curly maple in the mix. Usually fairly straight-grained.
• Black Walnut, Half-Sink-Coverage—100% solid premium walnut, a gorgeous North American wood with a bold dark brown heartwood color and swirls of grain. (Some boards may have a small area of lighter sapwood present, adding contrast).
• Mixed Hardwoods, Full-Sink-Coverage This board provides a full 360 degrees of sink coverage. Your board will be made from strips of domestic woods like ash, birch, cherry, maple, curly maple, spalted maple, oak, roasted walnut and walnut.* Note: Do not leave full-bowl-coverage wood cutting boards like these installed on the sink for long periods of time, as the moisture from the sink drain and lack of airflow may cause boards to warp or mold/mildew to grow underneath.
Since variations in color and grain are part of the natural beauty of wood, your cutting board will be truly one-of-a-kind. Knots, spaltings (wood color variations) and swirls may be present and just add to the charm.
*The mix of wood species will vary from the photos, but your satisfaction is always 100% guaranteed.
Half-round boards are approximately 18″ x 9″ x 3/4" to 1" thick (except Maple Half-Round, which may be thinner). Full-round boards measure approximately 18" x 18" x 3/4" to 1" thick. Boards are finished with a hand-rubbed, food-safe mineral oil and beeswax mixture. Care instructions are included.
Nicely packaged in a custom muslin drawstring storage bag.