Airstream Round Sink Cover, Flying Cloud, International, Airstream 16" Round Sinks
These artisan-crafted Airstream sink covers are specifically designed to fit the 16″ diameter round galley sinks in many late model Airstreams, including the Flying Cloud, International Signature and International Serenity.
We also offer a smaller Airstream Basecamp 15" dia. Sink Cover.
Choose 5/8 or Full Sink Coverage...
As Airstream owners, we know that every bit of galley counter space and food prep space is precious, and here's a beautiful and convenient way you can expand your work space by up to 250 square inches.
These are made to order; we currently have a 3- to 4-week lead time.
Looking for a custom sink cover? We welcome special orders, contact Jeff to start a conversation.
The 5/8 coverage models allow use of the faucet and sink while the sink cover is in place.
Polyurethane feet (attached with stainless steel screws) locate the cover inside the sink bowl, and raise it off (and protect) your countertop or table when used on its own as a charcuterie board and serving tray. Also, raising the cover off a wet surface will provide good air circulation and help prevent warping.
Choose from 5 sink cover styles to suit your preferences and Airstream interior:
SINK COVERS FOR 16" DIAMETER ROUND SINKS:
• Mixed Hardwoods, 5/8-Sink-Coverage—Your cover will include ash, cherry, hard white maple and walnut. Your cover may also include other domestic/exotic species like ambrosia maple, beech, hickory, purpleheart, sycamore and others.
• Maple, 5/8-Sink-Coverage—100% solid maple, a beautiful domestic wood with very light color ranging from grayish-white to reddish brown. Your cover may contain some premium ambrosia or curly maple in the mix.
• Black Walnut, 5/8-Sink-Coverage—100% solid premium walnut, a gorgeous North American wood with a bold dark brown heartwood color and swirls of grain. Some covers may have an area of lighter sapwood present, adding contrast.
• Black Walnut, Full-Sink-Coverage—same gorgeous wood as above but offers 100% sink coverage. This cover will give your Airstream decor a real boost.
• Mixed Hardwoods, Full-Sink-Coverage—provides 100% sink coverage. Yours will be made from ash, cherry, hard white maple and walnut. Your cover may also include other domestic/exotic species like ambrosia maple, beech, hickory, purpleheart, sycamore and others.
Note: Do not leave wood sink covers installed on the sink for long periods of time, as the moisture from the sink drain and lack of airflow may cause them to warp or mold/mildew to grow underneath.
Since variations in color and grain are part of the natural beauty of wood, your cover will be truly one-of-a-kind. Knots, nicks and swirls may be present and just add to the handcrafted look.
The mix of wood species will vary from the photos, but your satisfaction is always 100% guaranteed.
All covers are approx. 5/8" to 3/4" thick.
• 5/8-coverage styles for 16" sinks measure approx. 18-1/4" x 11"
• Full-coverage styles for 16" sinks measure approximately 18-1/4" diameter
• Full-coverage styles for 15" Basecamp sinks are approx. 17-1/2" diameter
All are finished with a hand-rubbed, food-safe mineral oil and beeswax mixture. Care instructions are included. Check out our silky-smooth Wood Butter for Sink Covers here.these covers with laser-engraved names, occasions, dates, etc., plus create versions for virtually any shape and size sink; please e-mail Jeff to discuss.
Beautiful sink cover! I ordered the mixed woods and it did not disappoint! I also like the fact that it has ‘feet’ on it, so it can be placed on the counter without being scratched. Great communication, as well - I was traveling when I got notification that it was being shipped, but the tracking number was reading an error code. I emailed the company, and within an hour (in the evening!) had a response from Jeff. It came well packaged and quick. Very pleased with my purchase.